Sir John Clerke’s family coat of arms
This is a facsimile of a church brass copied from the original in the Parish Church of St. Mary’s Thame, featuring Sir John Clerke’s family coat of arms from 1539.
Sir John was knighted by King Henry VIII and he build a manor house at North Weston called Hall Place. His tomb can be found on the south side of the chancel of the church
A number of brasses were acquired by the church when the Brass Rubbing Centre at Westminster Abbey closed.
This brass plate can be found in the corridor behind the reception desk at the museum