Role Description and Activities
The main purpose of this role is to lead the Shop Team and includes the following tasks and activities:
- Monitor and maintain stock levels, both in the museum shop and online
- Display stock for sale in the shop
- Decide on and buy new stock, remove obsolete stock
- Ensure all stock items on sale have a PLU and price – both on the item and on the till system (including paper reference file)
- Manage online shop sales: fulfil orders on Shopify, including using Royal Mail online to ship items
- Resolve customer queries
Skills, Attitude and Experience Required
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Flair for creating enticing shop merchandise displays
- Awareness of what the customer would like to buy
- Reasonable IT skills
Accountable To and Accountable For
- Accountable to the Treasurer and the Operations Group
- Accountable for shop stock, pricing and sales
Full training on all systems will be given, as well as support for any queries.
Benefits to the Volunteer
An opportunity to use any previous retail experience.
A chance to enhance the shopping experience for our local community, as well as ensuring visitors have the perfect souvenir.
If you would like to apply please complete this form:
All applications must be received by Tuesday 28th February 2023